Monday 1 August 2011

Not Long Now


Bonjour all my lovely readers!

OK so here is a better picture of where I am currently sitting writing this post!

The tent is where myself, the wife and kids are staying and the caravan is the mother in law's, which is god as we can lock from the outside and shut her in! yay!

Only 4 days until I make the 682 mile journey home and finally get to go through the tunnel, can't flipping wait!

I will be going through a similar tunnel at Rouen on the way home so will try and get some pics of that one.

I was thinking of maybe going for a beer on Sunday at the punchbowl. Meet at the Miss James bridge and then walk up for a quick drink. If anyone wants to join me then leave a comment on this post so I know if anyone is going to turn up!

Until Thursday folks,

keep on driving..............

8 comments:

Henry said...

Hi Mate, What time are you meeting up Miss J Bridge?

UKAPP said...

hi mate, remember me? russ, rustycee.... i worked as security on the a3 sute and i gave you a load of images from on the inside of the workings of the tunnel in 2008, sadly it cost me my job but hey the security contractors were crap employers anyway! not to worry! i missed the tunnel opening too and was only reminded of it by a freind who drove a ferrari 360 through it this morning to see what it would sound like.....

i might pop up from worthing on sunday for a reccy to see old sights and new ones

now its finished i hope you keep on bloggin' great reading the progress from your point of view for the last 4 years!

russ
*facebook* rustycee

gummybear said...

Hey guys,

I'm thinking probably sunday afternoon. I will finalise details soon and will post on here when done.

Right off to the hypermarket for me :(

Anonymous said...

Anyone know what happened yesterday evening (Tuesday) North bound at about 8:30pm the tunnel was closed barriers were down and there was people walking their dogs on the central reservation, came back north bound at about 10:30pm was open but one lane was closed..??

Don Miguel said...

Apparently the closure was because a ventilation fan had been installed incorrectly, and they had to correct it.

Paul M said...

Looks to me like you might do better to stay where you are. the tunnel will still be there when you get back, the foul weather might have gone.

brian h said...

hi gummy
looking fwd to meeting you on sunday i will cycle up to miss james bridge on sunday at 3pm and we can stroll up the peacefull old a3 and i will buy you a well deserved pint lets hope they have some decent ale in my spies tell me on tuesday they only had fosters or cider they need to get there act together if they want to keep trading see you soon.

Anonymous said...

Ah, looked like a faulty sign that caused the closure...
http://tinyurl.com/3q8psfc
links to portsmouth.co.uk