Thursday, 21 April 2011
All the tickets for the planeed walk through event are now all sold out. Well done to all the lucky folks that were able to get tickets for the day and very unlucky to the unfortunate ones not to get tickets.
I have had loads of comments from lots of you that experienced problems. I have been in contact with the Hindhead Together team and I hope to be getting a statement from them shortly.
Until then I look forward to meeting lots of you on the day - if you see me walking through then please feel free to come and say hi be great to meet you all!
Keep on diggin.......
Wednesday, 20 April 2011
Gummy's wife here as Gummy is poorly at the moment and no it's not just man flu!
The booking website is now up and running and open. There have quite a few emails stating some of you are having problems.
As I'm sure all of you can appreciate there are a lot of people all trying to book at the same time. Because of the amount of people logging on this is causing the system to slow down. I urge all of you be patient and hopefully as many of you as possible can get tickets.
Saturday, 16 April 2011
Well done to all of you that spotted my deliberate mistake in the previous post!
Of course it should be the new booking website will open Wednesday 20th April not May!!!!
To all of you that noticed it you all win a slap on the back from me!
Keep on diggin............
Thursday, 14 April 2011
Howdy fellow Hindheaders!
Some more information regarding the walk through event has been released - please see below:
- General admission times on 14th May are 10am until 3:30pm
- The ticket web page will go live on Wednesday 20th May - www.hindheadtogether.org.uk/tunnelvision
- People who have pre-registered are not guaranteed a ticket
- Each individual ticket purchased must be individually named and ID will be required on arrival at the park and ride venue
- Tickets are limited due to Health and Safety reasons and will be sold on a first come first served basis
- Tickets are £6 for adults and £3 for children, prices are covering the cost of parking and riding to and from the event
- The grand prize draw raffle tickets, to win prizes including being amongst the into the tunnel on the day are available from various local outlets in Haslemere, Thursley, Grayshott and Liphook. They are £1 each
- Money raised will go the Hindhead Community Fund. This will give grants to organisations in areas local to the tunnel, including Hampshire
- The prize draw will be drawn on Tuesday 3rd May
Obviously if I hear or receive any more information I will let you guys know and as always get in touch if you have any questions, to which i will seek answers!!!!!!
Keep on diggin.............
Friday, 8 April 2011
I have been given some more information on the walk through event - please read below:
Because of the huge logistical challenge with getting thousands of people on and off site quickly and safely, there has been delays in releasing ticket sales and for that we can only apologise. We assure you that you will be notified in advance of the exact date of ticket sales. This will give details of where and when you can purchase tickets and we thank you for your patience during this time.
Tickets are priced at £6 for adults and £3 for children under 16. The cost will cover all parking charges and the shuttle bus ride to and from the tunnel site from your choice of 9 venues in the local area. You will be asked to choose your preferred time and venue at the time of booking.
All profits will go to a new fund to specifically benefit the communites around the tunnel area. For more information please see www.communityfoundationsurrey.org.uk
Also going into the fund will be all the monies raised from the Grand Draw Prize. Tickets for the draw will be available at various outlets in the towns and villages and prizes include being in the first VIP group to walk into the tunnel on the day!
So there we go folks a little more info for you. Once I am told the booking website is up and running I'll put the link on here.
Also I am going to be asking for your help during the walk through. I am goign to be taking plenty of photo's from inside the tunnel on the day itself but really want you guys to send in yours as well. Lets try and get some nice photo's and also some quirky photo's as well. I might even have a little prize for the best photo so keep your eyes peeled!
Keep on diggin..........